Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ARABIAN TOUR

Thursday, 12/9/08
Houston, we have no problem! I made it to Houston for the orientation despite having to hang around school and create massive piles of work for my favorite students I've ever taught this school year. Today I met the rest of the teachers. They're an impressive group! Several speak Arabic, one teaches in Stuart, FL, and two were in the Peace Corps. When asked why I wanted to go on the trip to Saudi Arabia, I told them that it was my dream to "Mecca" journey like that. I've been asked not to make any more puns.

Tomorrow we go to Aramco headquarters to get a crash course in Arabian history and culture. I've already learned how to shake hands (brief and firm- no massive shaking) and how to sit properly without crossing my leg with my shoe staring at my host. I've also been advised to be grateful I'm right-handed. No lefties in Saudi Arabia- political or otherwise.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mr.Donegan, we all miss u! Sounds(and looks)like you're having fun. Come back soon!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.